The Arc of King County offers a variety of educational opportunities, trainings, and workshops for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD), their family members, caregivers, and community members.
Seminars and Workshops
Learn more about a specific topic in a short session.
Main Topics Covered:
• Trainings for parents throughout the lifespan
• How to access services for people with I/DD
• Transition services
• Wills/Trust and Guardianship
• Disability Awareness
• Helping Parents Training
• Financial Literacy 101
• Social Security Benefits
• Navigating the special education system
• Navigating employment services
Local Leadership Trainings
An opportunity to explore learning topics and receive more in depth training.
• Acting Together for Change Class (“ACT Class”) – foundational class
• The Arc University Class – For people with I/DD by people with disabilities, about leadership for people with disabilities
• The Arc Ambassadors Class – for multicultural communities
Department Supervisor Contact
Director of Information and Family Support