We are currently accepting new participants. Please contact Sarah Cobb at 206.829.7049 or email@example.com for more information.
A financial management program for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) receiving Social Security benefits. The Arc of King County is a designated Organizational Representative Payee by the Social Security Administration.
• Manage monthly Social Security benefits
• Pay rent, prioritize expenses and pay other monthly bills
• Develop individualized budgets with the participant that is based on the person’s monthly income, rent, utility bills, and general household expenses
• Maintain accurate monthly accounting
• The program is audited and monitored regularly by the Social Security Administration
• Social Security sets the monthly fee for this program’s service of $39 per month (cost subject to change by Social Security Administration)
• Program participants have the option to exit the service when financial stability is established; otherwise, long term support is available
To be eligible, the person must meet the three criteria below:
• Have an Intellectual or Developmental Disability
• Receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Income (SSDI)
• King County resident
Contact the Representative Payee Team