Parent to Parent (P2P) is a program for parents by parents who have children with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) or with special health care needs. P2P provides a network of peer support, information and referral, and educational workshops.
• Match trained and experienced “Helping Parents” (mentor) with parents who have children with similar diagnoses and family circumstances in order to provide peer emotional support.
• African American, Spanish and Vietnamese speaking Helping Parents and peer support groups are available
• Culturally specific Helping Parents and peer support group activities available in Spanish, Vietnamese, and for African American families.
• Provide information and referrals on intellectual and developmental disability resources and services throughout the lifespan.
• Bilingual Information and Referral assistance is available in Spanish and Vietnamese. Other language options are available upon request.
• Provide one-on-one consultation via email, phone, video conferences, community meetings, drop in meetings and home visits (home visits are limited)
• Offer training for parents who would like to become volunteer “Helping Parents”.
• Host social and recreational events to provide opportunities to connect parents
• Coordinate virtual support groups, as DS King and DS King Babies
• Periodic educational workshops and trainings.
Click here to visit the community calendar to find upcoming P2P events!
Online Support Groups
For Latino and Spanish Speaking Families
Latino Information and family Support Specialist
For Vietnamese Families
Vietnamese Information and Family Support Specialist
For African American Families
African American Information and Family Support Specialist
Department Supervisor Contact
Director of Information & Family Support