Volunteer Opportunities at The Arc of King County
Are You Interested in Volunteering?
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for The Arc! Volunteers make a world of difference in our community with their commitment, talents and time. We appreciate volunteers who represent all ages, abilities, and ethnic backgrounds. If you have a passion for our mission, we want to hear from you!
To find out how you can contribute, contact Andrea Virches at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-364-6337.
Below are the current volunteer opportunities at The Arc of King County:
The Arc is recruiting new Board members with the intention of diversifying its membership. We are encouraging individuals with talents to share in business, marketing, fundraising, education, and corporate leadership who are committed to The Arc of King County's mission. We encourage applicants specifically from communities of color, minority ethnic communities, or individuals with disabilities to apply. For more information, visit the Board Member Posting.
If you are interested in becoming a Board Trustee, please contact our Executive Director, Sylvia Fuerstenberg, email@example.com or call 206-829-7005.
- Play with kids of all ages, abilities, and cultures while their parents attend training.
- Volunteers needed on specified Saturdays from 9:00am-2:30pm for all or part of the day.
- Games, crafts, and other activities are provided.
The Volunteer Coordinator will design a volunteer program to further the agency’s mission and strategize methods for meeting needs of the agency. There is no compensation – this is a volunteer position
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: Part time with one year commitment
- Commitment to the agency mission and to social justice.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, empower and train volunteers and educate the public and volunteers about our programs and needs
- Organizational skills and program development experience
- Prefer experience with recruiting and supervising volunteers
- Develop, promote and address a wide range of volunteer opportunities within the organization in consultation with Agency Directors
- Act as a single point of contact for incoming volunteers
- Survey staff regularly to assess needs for volunteer assistance
- Maintain volunteer service descriptions and requirements for each volunteer assignment
- Maintain records of service, accurate reporting and strategic analysis of volunteer hours and accomplishments
- Ensure volunteers are characterized appropriately to support the various areas of operations.
- Recommend the most efficient use of volunteers, appropriate volunteer/ supervisory mix, and future workforce needs to support volunteer program operations
- Provide or coordinate training, consistent with volunteer responsibilities
- Develop and manage volunteer policies, procedures, handbook and standards of volunteer service
- Assure appropriate background checks, screening
- Provide feedback, evaluation and stewardship of volunteers to ensure strong connection to agency mission, vision and goals
- Create opportunities for recognition of volunteer accomplishments
We serve the great King County area, which is rich in cultural diversity, and we seek to have culturally competent staff and volunteer network with a variety of skills to share with the organization. Persons of color as well as those who have a relationship and affinity for people with developmental disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to Sylvia Fuerstenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-829-7005.