Become a Chapter Member!
Become a chapter member at The Arc of King County. Achieve with us!
75 years ago, The Arc of King County started as a grassroots organization of families who wanted to improve the lives of their children with disabilities. We are still a grassroots organization and your voice contributes to our community strength. You bring:
- Strength in Numbers – The larger our Chapter Membership base, the more influence we have with legislators and decision makers.
- Sustainable Funding – A strong Chapter Membership base sends a loud signal to funders that the people we serve, and those that believe in our mission, support us.
- One Voice – At The Arc of the US’ annual meeting, Chapter leaders have the opportunity to vote on issues impacting us and the people we serve. The number of votes we have is determined partially by the size of our Chapter Membership base.
Join The Arc of King County today and….
Your Chapter Membership opens the door to many benefits and services in your community:
- Information and referral services that address your needs;
- Public policy advocacy for systems change at the state and local levels;
- Individual advocacy support to address education, employment, health care and other concerns.
We’ll keep you up-to-date on disability-related news, trainings, events, policy issues and resources throughout King County and beyond.
- The Arc of King County E-News, a monthly e-newsletter spotlighting public policy victories for the disability community, stories from the community, activities at our Chapter and more.
- Action Alerts, real-time alerts letting you know when immediate and mass public action is critical to ensuring the civil rights and necessary supports and services for people with disabilities and their families.
- Our Online Community, places such as Twitter,Facebook and Sylvia’s Blog where you can share and receive valuable, up-to-the-minute information on a variety of topics.
Get discounts and benefits.
We are leveraging our status as one of the top ten largest nonprofits in the nation to develop partnerships that meet your needs, while also supporting our mission:
- ABILITY Magazine, giving a free, one-year subscription to their digital magazine.
- Coldwell Banker & Bain, donating 10% of commission for each transaction that closes as a result of a referral by a supporter of The Arc. Just mention "The Arc of King County" to the agent!
- Liberty Mutual, providing a group insurance program that comes with special savings and benefits on auto, home and renters insurance.
- Marsh Affinity Group Services, offering quality protection plans from health coverage to affordable life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
- Parlerai, creating an online communication tool that allows family, friends and caregivers of children with disabilities to share information within a personalized and highly secure network.
- US Bank, offering members The Arc Select Rewards Visa® Card. You can earn rewards for yourself and support The Arc with every purchase.
Membership at The Arc of King County is open to everyone and is valid for one year. If you have the means to do so, a donation of $25 or more from you will ensure that all Chapter Members of The Arc of King County have a voice, regardless of their ability to pay membership dues. If you cannot afford to donate, please add yourself as a member, but leave the donation amount at zero.